September 7, 2007

Presidential Campaigns, Consultants and Scarecrows

I'm tired of the '08 rat race already! I don't think presidential hopefuls/wannabees should be allowed to campaign or fund raise until the year of the election. Since our national election day is in November, I think hearing from candidates beginning in January is PLENTY of time for us to make up our minds about them!
Since Americans seemingly have short-term memories anyway, six or seven months is more than enough time for candidates to duke it out for their party's nomination ... leaving us with a good two months to make one of two choices.
It doesn't take me two or three years to make a sound decision. I do enough research on the Internet, and watch both CNN and Fox News to make a sound decision in days, not years.
It's not like we have to write an essay on election day. It's a multiple choice test!
Granted, campaigning employs a lot of consultants ... but I'd rather hear what the candidates actually have to say sans the consultant-recommended, politically correct sound bites of spin. :)

Presidential candidates these days are right out of the Wizard of Oz. They're scarecrows who need brains ... or at the very least, should use their own! After all, that's who I'm electing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
very creative and impressive idea. great name too. I especially like the uber twangy country music comment :)