January 29, 2008

Sinking Ship Is Right!

It just occurred to me that if I had been one of only five survivors of a 16,000-ton ship that sunk, I'd probably be close pals with the four remaining survivors. In fact, I'd probably get together with them on the dreadful anniversary to toast my lost-at-sea comrades and down a tasty bit of bourbon myself for surviving such a traumatic event. I would probably even know where each of my fellow survivors were born and raised. (Just a tip in case Pentagon background checkers need a lead on where to start verifying information).

Not long ago I reunited with some folks I served with in Germany. I hadn't seen them in 18 years. I know their names, their children's and spouse's names and the number of divorces between them since we left Germany. The only thing we survived were Friday and Saturday nights at the Irish Pub in Saxenhausen. Good times!
By the way, Oregon, New York and Texas ... that's where my friends were raised. I can cough up more info if investigators need (or WANT) to know!

My guess (and my point) is that Hashem Islam probably wasn't drunk when the ship went down and should be able to cough up four names to corroborate his story!

No comments: